[LAU] Using commandline app to mark/detect sounds above a threshold

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Nov 7 12:42:15 UTC 2016

Nov 7 2016, Peter P. has written:
> I tried to record myself sleeping in order to find out what I was
> uttering. In my case I recorded the entire night, an approach which you
> should do as well, and then strip silent parts from the recording in an
> extra step.
Hey hey Peter,
that already is my approach, on the same grounds that you mention.
> SoX has two effects, silence and vad (voice activity detector) which can
> possibly anaylze your recording.
Ah, I expected that SoX would be thrown in at some point. Well, I'll
look into Sox and the other tools you mentioned. Thank you.
> https://github.com/amsehili/auditok
> The aubio toolkit on Debian offers two binaries:
> aubioquiet - a command line tool to extracts quiet and loud regions from a file
> and
> aubiocut - a command line tool to slice sound files at onset or beat timestamps
Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3