[LAU] New Music: Five of Cups

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Tue Nov 8 15:06:12 UTC 2016

Wow, you got a full world in there! Reminds me when I came back from the
record store with Rush's "Moving Pictures" I always kept a soft ear for
prog rock ; I really like "chasing rainbows" with the classy verse time
signatures and the powerful chorus. My only critic is about the artwork.
Colors, Font, general composition and overall appearance, let's just say
like /nothing/ about it. Like, come to think of it, a lot of record
artworks from my prog-rock years ;)

Thank you very much for the sharing!

yPhil

On 07/11/16 12:11, Ben Bell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick note to say my new album (Patchwork Cacophony, Five of Cups)
> was released today.
>
> Once again, almost everything was produced on Linux using Ardour and other
> Open Source software (though there are very few soft synths -- it's mostly
> olde fashioned drums, guitars, voices and physical keyboards).
>
> Same as last time, if anyone mentions Ardour when buying a copy I'll
> collect up £1 per sale for a donation to Ardour development. In truth with
> music sales being what they are these days it's unlikely to feed a proper
> developer caffeine habit for even a week, but it should be able to eclipse my
> all-time revenue from Spotify ;)
>
> The music is prog rock, with a strong emphasis on keyboards and classic-era
> sort of sounds rather than more metal-influenced which is seeing a bit of
> a rennaissance these days.
>
> You can stream the whole thing for free on Bandcamp:
>       http://patchworkcacophony.bandcamp.com/
>
> Thanks again to everyone in the Linux Audio world, from the ALSA and FFADO
> guys, obviously Ardour, but also things like Scribus and Gimp. It constantly
> amazes me how much support there is for producing a thing like this without
> recourse to proprietry software. Long may it continue!
>
> Ben

Yassin Philip - New album out NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org