[LAU] Fast Track Pro on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS problems

Telover telover at email.it
Sat Nov 12 12:58:20 UTC 2016

Hi all,
this is the last try I make to solve my problem. I wrote everybody, in
every site/forum, read everything, followed tutorials without any solution.
As written in the title, I have a Fast Track Pro connected via USB on
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I have Ardour 5.1.0 and QjackCtl 0.9.3
The problem is after many, many tries, I have the signal coming from the
card arriving in Ardour, I see the v meters move but I cannot hear any
sound in the headphones or from the speakers.
The same happens both in Hydrogen and Rakarrack.
The last thing I did is downloading the fast-track-pro.conf file from
Joe Giampaoli
<https://joegiampaoli.blogspot.it/2011/06/m-audio-fast-track-pro-for-debian-linux.html?showComment=1478776025930#c6907773343633824974>
tutorial. Since it's for Debian, I've only downloaded the file and
modified as per his instructions.
Then I modified it again as per instructions in this thread
<https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=11016> in Linux musicians' site.
I'm also in touch with Joe but until now I haven't found any solutions
for this.

This is the parameters in QjackCtl preferences:

*Device

*hw:0     HDA Intel
hw:0,0  ALC262 Analog
-
hw:5     Fast Track Pro
hw:5,1  USB Audio #1

My laptop characteristics are the following:

  * Ubuntu version 12.04 (precise) 32 bit
  * Kernel Linux 3.13.0-101-generic
  * GNOME 3.4.2
  * RAM: 3,9 GiB
  * CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz × 2

Relatively to the computer audio system:

*leo at leo-R710:~$* arecord -l && aplay -l
**** Lista di CAPTURE dispositivi hardware ****
scheda 0: Intel [HDA Intel], dispositivo 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog]
   Sottoperiferiche: 1/1
   Sottoperiferica #0: subdevice #0
scheda 5: Pro [FastTrack Pro], dispositivo 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
**** Lista di PLAYBACK dispositivi hardware ****
scheda 0: Intel [HDA Intel], dispositivo 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog]
   Sottoperiferiche: 1/1
   Sottoperiferica #0: subdevice #0
scheda 0: Intel [HDA Intel], dispositivo 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
   Sottoperiferiche: 1/1
   Sottoperiferica #0: subdevice #0
scheda 5: Pro [FastTrack Pro], dispositivo 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
   Sottoperiferiche: 1/1
   Sottoperiferica #0: subdevice #0
scheda 5: Pro [FastTrack Pro], dispositivo 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
   Sottoperiferiche: 1/1
   Sottoperiferica #0: subdevice #0

*leo at leo-R710:~$* lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1058:1100 Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0ac8:c302 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. Vega USB
2.0 Camera
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 046d:c069 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 007 Device 003: ID 0763:2012 Midiman M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

*leo at leo-R710:~$* cat /proc/asound/modules
  0 snd_hda_intel
  5 snd_usb_audio

*leo at leo-R710:~$* cat /proc/asound/cards
  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                       HDA Intel at 0xf6200000 irq 47
  5 [Pro            ]: USB-Audio - FastTrack Pro
                       M-Audio FastTrack Pro at usb-0000:00:1d.1-1, full
speed

I've downloaded a low latency kernel and installed but then I used
Ubuntu Tweak to clean my computer, as I always do after I made an
update, and it deleted also the kernel because it said it was older than
the actual.
The thing that pisses me more it's the Fast Track works perfectly on
Cubase in Windows, but I don't want to go to that crappy system for any
reason on the earth.
As I wrote, being not expert at all, I have no idea about what to do. I
would like to record with this card but if things go in this way yet,
I'll sell it and get another card suggested directly by Ardour.
There's a second hand Presonus 1818VSL so I might go for that.
The strange thing is the guy at the address I wrote above, Linux
Musicians, seens to have solved in the way he wrote.
This thing is tragic, you have no idea how tired I am.
Anyways.
We'll see if there's a way to solve it.
Thank you all.

Leo

 --
 ZE-Light e ZE-Pro: servizi zimbra per caselle con dominio email.it, per tutti i dettagli
Clicca qui http://posta.email.it/caselle-di-posta-z-email-it/?utm_campaign=email_Zimbra_102014=main_footer/f

 Sponsor:
 Caselle con tuo dominio su piattaforma Zimbra, fino a 30 GB di spazio, sincronizzazione dati e backup
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=13324&d=12-11