[LAU] Toggle Jack Transport CLI

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Tue Nov 15 14:19:22 UTC 2016

Hi lista :)

Using an i3 <https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#exec> shortcut, I can
control my jack transport from everywhere, even when no jack application
has focus :

bindsym $mod+p exec echo play | jack_transport
bindsym $mod+Shift+p exec echo stop | jack_transport

Thanks to FalkTX for the pipe trick BTW, I saw that on linuxmusicians ;
This is very cool if you have some sort of wireless keyboard, but as you
can see it's two different keystrokes, how do I make it so <command>
toggles play/pause? Alternatively, how do I know when jack transport is
rolling, so I can hack my way into making my own toggle script? I did my
homework and read the inline --help of all the available jack commands
on my machine :

⚡ jack_
jack_alias                  jack_freewheel jack_monitor_client
jack_simple_client
jack_bufsize                jack_iodelay jack_multiple_metro
jack_simple_session_client
jack_capture                jack_latent_client
jack_net_master             jack_test
jack_capture_gui            jack_load jack_net_slave              jack_thru
jack_connect                jack_lsp jack_netsource
jack_transport
jack_control                jack_metro jack_rec
jack_unload
jack_cpu                    jack_midi_dump jack_samplerate
jack_wait
jack_cpu_load               jack_midi_latency_test
jack_server_control         jack_zombie
jack_disconnect             jack_midiseq jack_session_notify
jack_evmon                  jack_midisine jack_showtime

But found no way to detect the transport status ; Is there a way to know
it?

yPhil

--
Yassin Philip - New album out NOW