[LAU] URGENT help needed: hardware problem - HDSP card

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Fri Nov 25 08:09:39 UTC 2016

Hi folks, I have a problem - I'm mounting an exhibition and trying to
install hdsp card with a multiface card. The machine I've been given and
the only one available here has one PCI slot and several other more
modern types. I've installed alsa-firmware and alsa-tools from source,
bu the problem is that the card is not showing up with lspci and aplay
-l, nor is it showing up cat /proc/asound/cards

Any suggestions please? I've looked in the BIOS and the slot is enabled.
There are no other PCI type cards installed.

Thank you,

Iain