[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 117, Issue 33

francois bluewin francois.juigner at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 28 19:33:55 UTC 2016

Adding to the subject :
I found on the web and in the source code of HDSPMixer 2 interesting
things, namely:
- despite the effective 3x16 channels, it seems the internal channels
might be 3x64, or at least 64 inputs, 64 outputs and ??? playback channels
- the source code shows a "playbacks_offset = 64" variable
I don't really see how to use these news as the code below doesn't work.
(reminder : the goal is to connect playback channels 1&2 to outputs 7&8)

function set_gain () { amixer -c hw:0 cset numid=1 $1,$2,$3 > /dev/null
2>&1 }
function reset_matrix () {
         for out in $(seq 0 63); do
                 for inp in $(seq 0 63); do
                 set_gain $inp $out 0
                 done
         done }
reset_matrix
#following lines tried 2 by 2 :
set_gain 0 6 65535    #doesn't work (I tried 0 and 1 inputs as there is
sound there in graphical HDSPMixer vu-meter)
set_gain 1 7 65535    #doesn't work
set_gain 64 6 65535  #doesn't work (64 and 65 as 1st playback channels)
set_gain 65 7 65535  #doesn't work
set_gain 0 128 65535  #doesn't work
set_gain 1 129 65535  #doesn't work
set_gain 64 128 65535  #doesn't work