[LAU] Looking For Some ZynAddSubFX Powered Tracks

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Oct 4 20:03:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:41:39 +0200 (CEST)
"J. C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> In Sep 29 A.D. 2016 Mark D. McCurry scripsit:
> > Can anyone post some links to some of their favorite tracks that make
> > good use of Zyn?
> Hey Mark,
> here's one, posted back in april 2011 here, by Jeremy Jongepier>
> http://linux.autostatic.com/images/2011-04/the_infinite_repeat-the_speeding_train.ogg
> It was done with 11 instances of Zyn-dssi plugins and three instances of
> Yoshimi.

I missed that! Nice track :)

> But, the first Zyn song I really liked was posted way back and I
> ccouldn't find it online quickly, though I still have my copy:
> Lunar Shuttle Disaster: Halo 1
> I think the chap was called Matthias Lund (or Lunt). This must have been
> back in 2005.
>
> Then, of course, Will has a lot of lovely music online, almost
> exclusively done in Zyn, until Yoshimi came along, which has the same
> engine though. By far my favourite of his is "In search of the lost
> Tribes":
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/In_Search_Of_The_Lost_Tribes.ogg
> This was back in 2013, so I suppose it's Yoshimi then.

From my notes, it was actually composed sometime in 2008 so predates Yoshimi by
at least a year. The 2013 version was a remix with two changed voices (still
from my original 'Collection') and one new one along with the counter melody in
the middle section.

Yes I *am* that anally retentive :)

All my music is tagged Creative Commons (attribution, share-alike) so is freely
available. To the best of my knowledge the source files play identically on Zyn
or Yoshi.

The oldest one I can (quickly) find is "East To West" with a latest recording
date of January 2007. It is 100% Zyn.

If any of that is of interest, you're welcome. If not, {shrug}

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk