[LAU] Building ffmpeg (was: Building avplay)

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Oct 7 16:21:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 17:47:17 +0200
Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I wouldn't expect SDL 1.x to satisfy a SDL 2 dependency. On my
> > gentoo these are two separate packages, so I'm guessing you need to
> > install that as well.

Yes indeed.  I installed SDL2 although there is no libsdl2-dev package
for Linux Mint 17, only a u386 that will suppress a ton of other
packages upon installation.  Other sdl2-dev packages are provided, such
as libsdl2-ttf-dev, libsdl2-net-dev, libsdl2-gfx-dev, etc. Although I do
not want to install all of them to find out if the base SDL2 headers
are provided in there somewhere (which should not).

I think I will attempt to build SDL2 from source instead.