[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 19 00:12:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 19:25:46 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>Again, it is not about creating personalized tones so much.  It is at
>the mixing stage, where hopefully, when the mixing engineer is on the
>payroll at $300 an hour (highly hypothetic), the decisions about the
>tones of the tune have been taken.  By humans.

For what kind of music?

"A Day In The Life" Beatles, "Brown Shoes Don't Make It" Mothers,
"Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" Black Sabbath, just simple pop music, no prog
whatsoever or opera, but those pieces are compositions, an averaged
track analysis with the most intelligent computer software can't decide
what to suggest.

What you have got in mind is mixing "I gotta feeling" from The Black
Eyed Peas, where the song just fakes changes, but actually it's all
the same artificial sound mud from the beginning to the end, already
done with the right tools to produce this kind of artificial sound.

Artificial unintelligence results in artificial sound and it tastes as
Nissin instant noodle soup served in Tupperware.

Regards,
Ralf