[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Oct 19 12:28:29 UTC 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 05:19:52 +0200
fred <f.rech at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Every plugin, AFAIK, can save presets. Are you trying to build
> "meta-presets"
> for a bunch of plugins presets Jonetsu?

No. This was explained in this thread and the repeating limit was
attained.

> And are you willing those
> meta-presets
> to dynamically evolve, depending on audio tracks analysis, and having
> an infinite option box
> where you can check "type of music produced/ kind of sound desired/
> loudness to achieve/ signal - noise ratio/ track 17 is solo1 at 1:32/
> track 18 is solo2 at 2:45/
> end of song is a 20" fade out/ not too much reverb except on female
> choir/ etc..?

No, these are not presets and basically assist with basic separation and
basic 3D placement.  There would be configuration options, though.

> Am not sure it's a cool thing (especially for the $300/h guy)) that
> machines could replace humans for all. More, as heard in some medias,
> it's kind of danger...

I have no idea how much an audio engineer earns.  Just checked for USA
and it's about $30/hour, from a gov't web site.  As you seem to hint
to, it'd be much more than $300/hour, which would make sense for many
commercial projects, although I thinking more about the average guy
with a little name getting paid by the hour instead of per project.

> Have fun, trying stuffs to give "life" to tracks!

There will be no need to fiddle with recorded tracks if the recordings
were done in one take, of a full band.  A lot of the mixing work has to
do with bringing back life and excitement into tracks that were recorded
to a click or to pre-recorded tracks.