[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 19 17:13:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:35:51 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>I'm afraid examples were given and there is no need to repeat ad vitam
>since after all, the text is there and can be re-read.

Has somebody already used "iZotope's Track Assitant/Neutron"?

Apart from the question, if we prefer to do the mix all alone, because
it's fun, still the question remains, if it is helpful and takes less
time, assuming we do not want to do the mix completely ourself.

In the future androids might be able to replace an audio engineer. They
might be better musicians as well as better audio engineers than humans
were, are and will be, but what problem does this solve?

IMO technology should make human live more comfortable, more secure
and allow us to spend our time with enhanced livability. Some things
done by technology OTOH could form back skills. We not necessarily need
to preserve all skills, but we should be careful, since comfort could
boost diseases. Less physical and mental exercise sometimes is
pleasant, but could come with unwanted side effects.

Regards,
Ralf