[LAU] jackd1 and pulseaudio

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Oct 19 22:01:57 UTC 2016

Hi list,
I'm running a new Arch Linux system now and have come up against the
Pulse/JACK dilemma.

The Arch Wiki suggests several alternatives, the old, the new and the new new
way. The latter being only suitable for JACKD with DBUS support, which I don't
have. As far as I'm aware, the DBUS version only works with X running, which I
don't want, all the time.

Unfortunately, the Arch Wiki isn't accessible right now, so I can't post the
proper link. But the described metho uses shell scripts setting PulseAudio
sink and source modules to JACK and default sources and sinks to jack_in and
jack_out respectively.

I start JACK through a self-written systemd service. Should I start PulseAudio
by default as well? Can such a shell script with Pulse settings be executed at
startup as well?

I'm sorry to raise the topic again, but I'm so very new to that snake pit.

I'd be grateful for any tips, reading material for that situation.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3