[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 19 22:13:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 21:45:30 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:35:58PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Faders and EQs are the most important tools during the complete
>> mixing procedure. You can do a mix without any additional tool, but
>> you can't without faders and EQs.
>
>True. And depending on the type of music and how it was recorded
>in the first place, the faders may be all you need on most tracks.

Full ACK. But now I'm unsure what Jonetsu means by the word "placement"
and I still don't understand what starting point settings Jonetsu is
talking about.

However ...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:40:58 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>Since the beginning the context is not about a complete mix.
>
>I wonder...

... my concerns are related to exactly this attitude. If the tool
starts mixing, then why doesn't it finish the mix? Assuming it doesn't
finish the mix, because it has got no idea how to do it, then I wonder
how it could provide an unfinished mix, that should be useful to finish
the mix.

If EQs are not used at this stage of the mix, then I wonder what tools
should be used. If e.g. only faders should get commands from an
analysing tool, I wonder how it decides which track should get what
level for the raw mix and what it should gain to make the work easier.

Regards,
Ralf