[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Oct 20 21:25:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 22:49:51 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Trim pots per se are seldom useful for
> mixing and especially not in context of this thread. Trim pots linked
> by networks with AI analysers is absurd.

You are freewheeling wildly.

Me:

"Anyone doing a mix will start by proper gain staging."

To which you first mention that trims are not useful:

"Which DAW requires to trim the input of the channels for the
mastering?"

To which I replied:

"There are trim pots on every channel strip in Mixbus"

Then:

"I don't know what and why mixbus provides, perhaps they add a feature
to attenuate or boost a signal, but adjustment isn't required."

And then, all by yourself:

"Trim pots per se are seldom useful for mixing and especially not in
context of this thread. Trim pots linked by networks with AI analysers
is absurd."

It looks like some kind of over-activity of some sort.  Some
freewheeling.