[LAU] Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Fri Oct 28 17:12:56 UTC 2016

On fredag 28 oktober 2016 kl. 16:21:51 CEST Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> In short, the result of the mix has nearly nothing to do with the used
> DAW and its virtual mixer, even the work-flow depends much on external
> gear, e.g. if you are using a mouse or a remote mixer, a KORG
> nanoKONTROL or such an expensive beast as Paul Davis once mentioned

As a former unperidodic user of two old analogue Harrison consoles and
currently a Mixbus32C user, I can assure you that they have a lot of the sound
and work flow in common in a mixing situation. Harrison only says that Mixbus
sounds as an analogue console (not a special one) as I'm aware of and it seems
to me that most people that have tried both agree with that.

Harrison emulates the sound of the 32C EQ very closely and Mixbus/Mixbus32C
have an analogue like work flow as closely as practically possible in a modern
DAW. I believe It's no point to do absolute everything an analogue console
does in a DAW when a DAW also has a lot of practical things that's superior
over an old analogue mixer.

Jostein