[LAU] Yoshimi 1.4.1 - Lyrebird.

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Sep 6 21:45:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 18:29:11 +0200 (CEST)
Ffanci Silvain <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:

> Will Godfrey, Sep 5 2016:
>
> > Maybe not be the prettiest, but this bird sure knows how to create great sounds!
> Will, this is not just a lyrebird, it's a superb lyrebird! Thank you again for the latest updates. I like the new startup options and the program change related features could be VERY useful.
>
> Ta-ta,

Oh, you'll *love* the channel switcher :)

I've been having a blast this evening running it in 'single row' mode when I was
supposed to be doing 'important' things :)

I've built a controller (from an Arduino) specially for this. It stores a
part number internally, then depending on which foot switch I hit, it
increments of decrements this and sends the appropriate CC.

There's one of my compositions that I used to (try to) play years ago on a
Yamaha SY22 switching between voices. The timing was absolutely critical, and
never really sounded that good.

This evening I've been playing it so much my wrists are aching - ten patch
'changes' totally seamless, with all note releases and reverb tails. I'm now
getting practice double and triple tapping the switches so I can jump
backwards and forwards across parts/patches.

I was giggling like a kid at one point when I managed to get all 10 parts
showing release tails at the same time in the mixer panel :D

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.