[LAU] Ardour 4 audio export FLAC questions

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Sep 11 14:25:39 UTC 2016

that hificritic article is typical audiophile woo. utterly disgraceful.

the way to check if playback of LFAC is different than playback of WAV is
to convert FLAC to WAV and then do a bit-for-bit comparison of the original
and new WAV files. If they are different in any way, then there is an error
(not "flaw", an actual algorithmic error) in the FLAC encoder and/orr
decoder. If there is no difference, then there is no POSSIBLE way for the
playback to be different (since the precise same bits wll arrive at the DAC.