[LAU] How to compile Yoshimi

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Sep 15 07:45:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:25:57 -0400
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The INSTALL file is straightforward.  ccmake isn't.  What it does is
> that it shows a screen with options.  Options seems OK, so what is the
> next step to go on with the compilation ?  ENTER does not do it as it
> toggles a selected option.  (On the side: why is configuring/making
> like this  - wasn't the plain ol' configure all right ?)
>
> Cheers.

Hopefully you've picked up on what the others have said now.
I've been intending to have a look at the Install file to bring it up to date.

Arguments for and against cmake are rather like the vi-emacs wars. A couple of
people have said they think "good ol' automake" was better, but I don't see
them beating a path to the door to implement it. The whole build structure it
pretty complex, no matter what you use and I don't have time to get into this as
well as working on the very many improvements that are coming along.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk