[LAU] How to compile Yoshimi

Jeremy Carter jeremy at jeremycarter.ca
Fri Sep 16 20:11:34 UTC 2016

It is my understanding that Yoshimi is Will's attempt to add value to
the original ZynAddSubFx. Why he doesn't contribute to the original
project, I have no idea, instead he splits the development effort
between his fork (Yoshimi), and the original project (ZynAddSubFx).
Zyn is still actively developed, although I see Yoshimi getting more
mentions on this list for some reason.

That is my understanding after talking to some of the Linux Audio
community. If I am wrong, I am open to corrections.