[LAU] Sonic Visualiser 3.0 released

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Sun Apr 2 00:51:20 UTC 2017

Am 01.04.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Bernardo Barros:
> Would you prefer not having it released? Really?

I would prefer SV to be programmed in a way that it doesn't need a git
"version" of capnproto.

> If it's not "possible" I tend to think this is a limitation of the
> GNU/Linux packaging system, not the developers' negligence.

I think, distribution do not package unspecified git repo states as
packages in their stable package repositories* for a reason. I think
that's a good thing and not a limitation.

Chris

* on Arch you can install AUR *-git packages, but if you do that, it's
with the knowledge that this is totally unsupported.