[LAU] Sonic Visualiser 3.0 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 2 18:55:45 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 14:34:12 -0400, Bernardo Barros wrote:
>On 4/2/17 1:58 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 14:49:41 -1000, david wrote:
>>> Does Ubuntu's new Snap system offer anything to help these kinds of
>>> situations?
>> Btw. building automatically from git at least was a PITA, it might be
>> that they fixed it, since several subscribers lamented :D.
>

>What happened to `universal snaps`? It's not a bad idea.

It might be a good idea for mobile phones, but I doubt that it becomes
usable soon for Linux audio and maybe it never would fit our
requirements. Feel free to subscribe to the mailing list. I'm still
subscribed, but not interested to care about snappy.

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:55:09 +0200, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>Software in git could change and render your release unusable without
>give users a chance to know what going on.

Just for Sonic Visualiser it could be avoided by

  git checkout abcdef1

IOW by just compiling a dedicated commit from git, but it much likely
would break other software sharing the same dependency.

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Michael" described Floyd as "an idiot savant", and added, "Give him
any two numbers, and he can multiply them in his head, just like that."