[LAU] Linux Audio: An overview

hollundertee at gmx.net hollundertee at gmx.net
Mon Apr 3 12:07:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:05:23 +0200
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> A while back I wrote an article, an overview of Linux Audio. Posting
> it here, just in case people will find it of interest. Do read the
> disclaimer, *this article is but my personal opinion ;)*
>

> Linux Audio: An overview
> <https://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_linuxaudio>

Hi Louigi,

in my opinion this is more of a rant than an overview. The few positive
points that you made are well hidden. I do agree with some points and
disagree with others.

Just as a small example, the connection graph you show is not
complicated.If you would show the internal routing of a windows DAW as
such a graph it would likely be more complicated. The difference here
is that it is made more explicit and easier to follow in patchage.

Anyway, I personally would not recommend this overview to someone who
asked me about the state of Linux Audio. I do not believe that the
situation is as grim as you paint it.

Regards,
Philipp