[LAU] Linux Audio: An overview

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Mon Apr 3 17:12:57 UTC 2017

Dear Ralf,

Am 03.04.2017 um 18:56 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> IIRC when installing jack on Ubuntu, there's a dialog helping the user
> to set up everything correctly. OTOH for user-friendly distros such as
> Ubuntu pulseaudio likely does cause issues.

I'm running kubuntu 16.10 and once I found out that within pavucontrol I can switch off
sound cards, which are then available for jack, I didn't have issues in running both.

Indeed I found pulseaudio pretty nice on a 'consumer' level, e.g. streaming to bluetooth devices
just worked, while I could use ardour5 + jack on a 8 channel usb device.  At least for me,
I can't complain about pulseaudio.

Best regards,
Peter