[LAU] pavucontrol (Re: Linux Audio: An overview)

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Mon Apr 3 17:53:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 03.04.2017 um 19:47 schrieb jonetsu:

> Does this mean that the pulseaudio jack sink is no longer needed ?  I
> still have an OS, Linux Mint 17, which is a couple of years old -
> should update soon and find out about any changes.

To the best of my understanding the  pulseaudio jack sinks are for sending audio
between jack and pulseaudio.
I didn't use that feature, I just used jack for recording and playing with ardour from and to my
USB Focusrite, while pulseaudio had the on-board sound cards under control. I have no experience in using
the pulse audio jack sinks. I kept them separate.

Peter