[LAU] Lexicon Lambda USB - are my lockups due to the hardware or software?

Antony Gelberg antony.gelberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:26:51 UTC 2017

Thanks for letting me know. I'm running at 24 bit 48Khz now, but no
difference in the lockups. I have noticed that the lockups seem to *start*
when I do something that might cause a bit of processor / disk IO e.g.
change to a different program, maximize a window, etc, then they carry on
for an unspecified time until normal service is resumed.

Perhaps this could be an interrupt issue? Although it (from memory) only
happens when jack(dbus) is also running, so maybe it's an interaction. I've
just stopped jack and restarted pulseaudio (when Jack stopped, my
Pulseaudio was full of artefacts - that's new), and I'll see how it goes
for the rest of the evening.

In any event, I've just ordered a new interface with SPDIF (Behringer
UMC1820), but it would still be great to get to the bottom of this issue
with the Lambda. Perhaps it's not hardware-specific, I guess I'll know for
sure when the new interface comes, if I don't fix the issue by then.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/antgel
http://about.me/antonygelberg