[LAU] Lexicon Lambda USB - are my lockups due to the hardware or software?

Antony Gelberg antony.gelberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:27:17 UTC 2017

Thanks, I'm not new to any of this stuff. My tests aren't "random", nor are
they "tests" as such, I'm seeing issues during my normal daily usage. I
don't *only* use Ardour, it's a multi-purpose workstation, and PulseAudio
gives me a lot of useful flexibility which I'm not going to give up unless
it's intrinsically too buggy to use. By and large, the pulseaudio-jackdbus
integration is great.

In any event, even after jack is disabled, the lockups seem to have
continued. I say "seem to", because I'm testing old audio files, some of
which are corrupt from an old bad hard disk, so I need to make sure that
any strange behaviour is the same as I've seen earlier.

I also don't remember such lockups with pulseaudio and jackdbus and my old
interface (the supposedly crappy Behringer UCA202 which never caused me any
trouble), although both hardware and software have changed since then, so
who knows...

http://www.linkedin.com/in/antgel
http://about.me/antonygelberg