[LAU] Lexicon Lambda USB - are my lockups due to the hardware or software?

Antony Gelberg antony.gelberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:42:35 UTC 2017

Sorry, I can't quote easily (using Gmail on the web)...

About underruns, I'm using 128 frames / period and 2 periods / buffer. Now
I'm trying to reproduce the issue without jackd, I guess that might be less
relevant. The "operations" I was talking about can hardly be called
massive, and the lockups last for much longer than the operations
themselves.

it's a pretty decent i5, nothing earth-shattering, but then I'm not asking
much of it. The lockups happen even without Ardour, just listening to music
with Audacious / VLC / Chrome (YouTube) / listening to old demos on
Audacity.

antony at cubase:~$ sudo hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 532 MB in  3.00 seconds = 177.30 MB/sec
antony at cubase:~$ sudo hdparm -T /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   23756 MB in  2.00 seconds = 11889.97 MB/sec

At the moment, the jury's still out on whether the lockups happen without
jackd. Currently running without it and will report back either way.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/antgel
http://about.me/antonygelberg