[LAU] Lexicon Lambda USB - are my lockups due to the hardware or software?

Antony Gelberg antony.gelberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 20:38:55 UTC 2017

If you follow back to the start of the thread, I shared some error messages
and a link where someone pointed out that the device doesn't follow the USB
spec. Not sure of the relevance.

When the sound quits, the computer is generally responsive.

Here's some output about the interrupts. The interface is on Bus 03 / Port
3 / Dev 8 hence xhci_hcd.

antony at cubase:~$ lsusb -t && grep -E "(CPU|xhci)" /proc/interrupts
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/6p, 5000M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/14p, 480M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 1, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 2, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 4, Class=Application Specific Interface, Driver=,
12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 6, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 7, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 12M
    |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 2, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 480M
    |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 3, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 480M
    |__ Port 7: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid,
1.5M
    |__ Port 8: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid,
1.5M
    |__ Port 8: Dev 6, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid,
1.5M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/2p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/8p, 480M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/2p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/6p, 480M
           CPU0       CPU1       CPU2       CPU3
 29:       1488 1092584730          0          0  IR-PCI-MSI 327680-edge
   xhci_hcd

Nothing else is using that USB port.

Whilst reading around the points you raised, I found irqbalance. I see it
is installed by default and running (not sure if that's a good thing, it
sounds like a good idea to balance interrupts across all cores).

I also found this rather old thread when trying to find out how to get
information about USB port priority:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2184466. Shame he didn't post
here, he might have gotten a response.

I don't have a Mac or Windows machine to test with.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/antgel
http://about.me/antonygelberg