[LAU] Which jackd to install on a new system ?

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Sun Apr 16 01:19:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Well you really can't go wrong either way, JACK2 has kind of been the
primary offering by big-name distros more out of the blind assumption
that jack '2' was a successor rather than a parallel version with
multiple processor support. The only caution really is that JACK1
offers built-in bridging between ALSA and JACK MIDI and if you need
this with JACK2 you will need to additionally install 'a2jmidid'. Hold
on...the only other thing I can think of is that if you use BitWIg
(which if I'm not mistaken you do) it's packaging for Linux improperly
specifies JACK2 as a dependency even though it really works with both,
it just won't install if JACK2 isn't present on the system... come to
think of it then I guess you'll be wanting JACK2 then...