[LAU] OT: Video Card Recommendation

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Apr 25 01:06:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 00:14:59 +0000 (UTC), Ivan K wrote:
>My 10 year old ASUS EN7600GS SILENT/HTD Series with 256MB
>of video ram  is acting flakey (I have narrowed the issues
>down to a hardware problem)  and I am looking for a replacement.
>
>What do people recommend?
>
>I prefer fan-less cards.  Thanks.

If the old card satisfies your needs, why don't you buy simply the same
card again? It shouldn't be expensive at Ebay.
I bought and used a second hand 7200GS and had good luck with this
graphics. It's also passive. I guess it still would work, but now I'm
using Intel.
You could have good or bad luck when buying second hand cards. Most
likely people sell graphics, because they want something newer, not
because the old card is flaky, so chances to have good luck are
higher, than having bad luck.
I had bad luck with a second hand envy24 audio card, but got over it,
simply because it wasn't expensive.