[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 122, Issue 23

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Apr 25 19:18:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, April 25, 2017 12:03 pm, Crojav wrote:
> I am looking for a "Frequency Counter"

>From your example it looks like the software you want is called a spectrum
analyzer.

Try Jack and ALSA Audio Analyzer (JAAA).

But of course frequency and spectrum only apply to audio, MIDI by
definition just sends a note number which can be mapped to an expected
frequency if you assume standard tuning based on A3=440 Hz, so I am not
sure what the reference to  MIDI in the original message meant.

--
Chris Caudle