[LAU] PD issues, errors and segfault

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Apr 29 00:02:42 UTC 2017

Hey hey,
I recently tried to get PD to work on my Arch system, using the "official"
pacman package (version 0.47.1).

Thanks to Iohannes, I was made aware of the -nogui option, so I ran a patch
like this:
pd -nogui -jack -alsamidi patch.pd
The patch is also from last year. This results in a lot of errors, like these:
prvu~
error: ... couldn't create
verbose(4): ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
sin~
error: ... couldn't create
average~ 1000
error: ... couldn't create
and similar. Using the jack option PD also segfaults. Without using that, it
can't find an audio device and just talks to its watchdog.

JACK is also system supplied and works with everything else. It's run under
the same user. Even giving the option to set the samplerate doesn't change
anything.

Any ideas, what I could try? Perhaps some special system variable setting a
path?

Thanks and goodnight,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3