[LAU] Music made with Linux: from the archives

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Apr 29 17:51:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:14:02 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> Hey hey,
> I've decided to unearth a few early works. These two songs are from 2002, the
> first ever "album" recorded with Linux. Equipment and the software setup were
> laughably simple and awkward, the overall performance lacks the quality and
> precision I demand of myself today. But there is a leverty and a carefree
> personality in them that I can't reproduce or improve.
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/archives/final/07-interlude3.ogg
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/archives/final/07-interlude.mp3
> and
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/archives/final/08-summer_afternoon.ogg
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/archives/final/08-summer_afternoon.mp3
>
> If anyone is interested: the synths used were a Roland XP-30 (jv/xp series), a
> Clavia Nordlead 3 and on "Summer Afternoon" also a Zoom RT123 drum computer
> (sample-based). Recorded in Ecasound and mixed offline using Ecasound internal
> effects and some LADSPA plugins.
>
> Feedback is always welcome, eve in this case. :)
>
> Enjoy and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

After a walk today that turned out much longer than I expected (don't ask!) I
was too tired to do anything else. Perfect time then to just sit and catch
up listening to some music :)

Interlude is a nice little, erm... interlude.
Summer Afternoon is a very enjoyable set. A very wide range of styles.

With both of these I guess you could find 'issues' if you looked for them, but
just listening for pleasure the come over fine for me.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk