[LAU] RME Babyface on Linux

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 11:33:07 UTC 2017

Brent Busby wrote:

> I mostly would like to be able to setup a headphone mix for
> monitoring while tracking, and have some control over the relative
> volume of already recorded tracks versus the inputs.

Hi Brent,

If your soundcard has sufficiency low latency, it may be
feasible to create your headphone submix in software rather
than hardware. Not sure about your preferred DAW, but for
example, Nama has a submix feature that provides per-track
faders (and any other desired effects) with a stereo output
separate from the main mix. The idea at the time was to
support in-ear monitors for musicians.

cheers

--
Joel Roth