[LAU] Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Wed Aug 9 11:53:28 UTC 2017

Just for information
Reading up on Motu 624 AVB a bit and my guess is that there are a lot of
difference under the hood compared to my Utralite AVB cards, I have no idea
if that is a cause of i/o channel mapping issues though

Quick compare

624 has Gigabit Eth, USB3, Thunderbolt, ESS Sabre 32 Ultra DACs, Color
display and capable of handling 8 blocks of AVB streams in all Sample rates
and is cheaper
vs
Ultralite has 100Mbit, USB2, no Thuderbolt, cheaper converters but close
spec wise, blue low res display, can handle 3 blocks of streams in 44k1/48k
and two blocks in 88 and only one block in 192k

The only pro with Ultralite AVB is Midi in/Midi Out, 2 more inputs and 2
more outputs

/Anders