[LAU] limits.conf nice rtprio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 17 20:10:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:48:18 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 01:59:29PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> > parameters which were never really meant to be exposed to users
>>
>> then the at least the defaults should be OK. They usually are not.
>>
>I've never adjusted any of the parameters that are now on that tab in
>more than a decade.
>
>There has never been a pull request or a bug report suggesting new
>defaults.

Why should somebody suggest new defaults? The values could be
adjusted, if required and QjackCtl provided most jack parameters, if not
all in a single tab, before it was split into two tabs. Much
likely LTS release distros still provide the old version of QjackCtl,
let alone that jack's defaults provided by package maintainers could
vary, I've seen configurations with --clients=foo
--ports-per-application=bar.