[LAU] Speakers alignment

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 00:45:43 UTC 2017

Le Wed, 16 Aug 2017 19:05:02 +0200,
Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at gmail.com> a écrit :

> <dominique.c.michel at gmail.com>:
>
> > Le Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:35:41 +0200,
> > Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > In outdoor conditions you can also get issues with
> > reflections which can give you a lot of issues like larsen, or
> > multiple sound paths from the speakers to the public.
> >

> You meant "indoor" here I guess ... open outdoor is usually much
> better for reflections.

It can also append outdoor. Here in Switzerland, it is the Paleo
Festival in July. Some years ago, peavey made the sound system of
the main stage. They was very surprised by how easy it was to put
the whole system in larsen. The problem was not the forest that was in
the front of the stage at the back of the mixing table, but the water
closed at the left of the stage. It was not possible to move that WC,
so a few years later, they moved the whole festival to a new location
and that larsen issue was solved.

Dominique