[LAU] limits.conf nice rtprio

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Aug 19 01:42:34 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 03:48 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> I've never adjusted any of the parameters that are now on that tab in
> more than a decade.
>
> There has never been a pull request or a bug report suggesting new defaults.

Regarding -P,

http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/default-jackd-realtime-priority-td13622.html

If, as Mr. O'Quin says while they discuss and then actually urge
  increasing the default:

"As long as there are no other processes are running with SCHED_FIFO,
  it makes no difference."

  then MusE is at least one app that has this difference, no?

IIRC I usually have to increase it.

T.