[LAU] Debian 9 - Xrun

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 29 07:23:08 UTC 2017

On 08/28/2017 04:47 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 19:27:32 -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>> to disable (or remove, if you can without breaking the package
>> structure) all GVFS items.
>
> in my experiences gvfs doesn't affect audio at all. However, I always
> replace gvfs by an empty dummy package, because it makes external green
> drives spin down and up again and again.

Haven't had any problems with GVFS and green drives - I don't have any
green drives.

My only problem with GVFS is it defaults a setting (AutoMount=true) in
its /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount config file. That makes XFCE's
Thunar file manager hang for about 30 seconds (or more) every time I
open it. Changing the setting to false eliminates the problem.

But I haven't seen any impact from GVFS on audio.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community