[LAU] Debian 9 - Xrun

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:39:59 UTC 2017

* list <list at contacte.xyz> [2017-08-29 15:25]:
> apt-daily.timer loaded active waiting   Daily apt download activities
Which you can disable safely.

> and
>
> remote-fs.target loaded active active    Remote File Systems
Can be disabled as well I think.

> Not sure they are vital. But i see nothing about them on the journalctl
> that matches the time of the XRUN - the apt-daily time occurs like 1
> time every 8 hours or so.
Did you look at jackd priorities?

> The Card(s) are alone on they interrupt line - already manage that -
> thank linux audio wiki & others, well explained and documented, and
> still up to date.
>

> Thank you again for reading you all ! Appreciate that a lot !
>

> ps : I think it was a  wrong routed message from David. J but i do not
> want a RT Kernel (do i really need one ?!) for my simple recording
> needs. A good low latency, well configured Kernel should do the trick.
As far as I understand, if I may chime in, the -rt kernel from the
Debian packages does implement several realtime patches, but not all of
them and is not a completely hard realtime kernel. You should at least
install one in parallel to your existing kernel and give it a try to
rule this possibility out and not lose time over speculations.