[LAU] getting LFE channel to work with PulseAudio 5.1

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 20:17:12 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 20:39:34 +0100 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 11:28:26 -0500, john gibby wrote:
> >Now I'm having a problem with the USB over MIDI connecting
> >properly to the computer. When I click on a piano key in the Pianoteq
> >application it plays fine, but somehow I have the USB over midi
> >configured wrong. I'm running a2 J m i d i d - e, but then I don't
> >remember what to connect with what, on midi or alsa qjackctl tabs, to
> >get it to work.
>
> IIRC a2jmidid connections are made by the "cryptic" ALSA MIDI
> through ;).

I've just tested and the useful connection shows up (for me) as:

UltraLite AVB [24] (capture): UltraLite AVB MIDI 1

In the MIDI tab! Under a2j. Ardour shows a similar string in the dropdown
next to the green MIDI socket icon (and abbreviates it to a2j) on the Mixer
page. After selection in Ardour; the QjackCtl Connections window shows the
connection made and the name you've given the instrument.

(With '/usr/bin/a2jmidid -e &' Executed after startup)

That's a MOTU UltraLite you know :) Loving it so far, aber...

--
John.