[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Tue Dec 5 21:46:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm looking for a piano keyboard
("midi master keyboard" I think it's called).
I'm looking for something with keys that feel
more or less like a real piano. I've seen several
models, some have real hammers inside. I wonder
if that's useful/necessary to emulate a piano touch.

I want 88 keys (standard piano) and USB connection.
I want something that I can plug into my computer
and that would work as a midi source more or less
out of the box with my Debian-based system.
(I can write some code, no problemo, I do it all the
time. I just need something compatible with linux.)

So, I would like to know if any of you, preferably
someone who knows and likes to play the (real) piano,
uses this kind of devices, and if yes what model you
use.

My main idea is to have a "portable piano" because I
can't afford the real beast, plus I need something I
can use at 2am without annoying neighbours. And I want
something of reasonable quality.

Thanks!