[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Dec 6 15:02:10 UTC 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:39:56 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

>> I have a Prokeys 88.

> keystation and hammer are not the same products. i was thinking of
> getting the hammer when i bought the keystation 88 a few months ago,
> but it wasn't yet available. it seems likely that m-audio are using a
> new keybed but it wasn't clear ... it could just be the fatar again.

The Prokeys 88.  As Musician's Friend puts it:

" ... with an 88-key graded hammer-action keyboard which provides a true
piano feel "

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/m-audio-prokeys-88-stage-piano-and-midi-controller

M-Audio really erased the Prokeys 88 from their website as it's
replaced by the Hammer 88.  It's not even found in the Legacy section.

As such, my description of the Hammer 88 based on the Prokeys 88
wouldn't be that far off at all.