[LAU] [Music] An interpretation

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Dec 7 09:04:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 00:14:31 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>Hey hey,
>I recently watched a video called "sad christmas" (or similar), which inspired
>me to do my own "sad christmas" contribution in the form of an orchestral
>interpretation of the German christmas carol "Oh Tannenbaum" in a minor key.
>
>Besides trusty Nama for recording, the only other software involved was
>LinuxSampler for the (commercial) trumpet and Aeolus for the wonderful basso
>continuo. Also jconvolver for appropriate reverb.
>
>http://juliencoder.de/nama/tannenbaum.ogg
>http://juliencoder.de/nama/tannenbaum.mp3
>
>Comments are welcome, I hope you enjoy it.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeanette

I finally got time to sit down and listen to this, and I had to do a quick
mental adjustment of my expectations!

I've always found your work to be good, but this is definately another step up.
The whole performance hangs together well, and the overall result is very
pleasing.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk