[LAU] Teufel PC Bamster not getting connected on USB?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Dec 10 07:36:38 UTC 2017

David Kastrup wrote:
> Or it talks with the host and says "I want 1A of current or 2A" and the
> host says "no way".

Its descriptors claim that it wants 0 mA.

> But it's delivered by default with a two-host-plug USB cable

So it needs more power than a single plug could supply?

> and would not be able to know about the power available from the
> power-only plug.  And it doesn't complain when running from the analog
> input either, so it would be somewhat strange to just shut down when in
> USB mode.

After a short time, it just stops reacting to USB requests.

It might be possible that some capacitor does no longer work correctly,
and that its internal voltage drops too far when actually doing things.
This would imply that it doesn't work in Windows either.

Regards,
Clemens