[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Dec 10 18:08:54 UTC 2017

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:30:05 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> This is not correct, security upgrades are not supported for every
> repository [1], let alone that there could be regressions for security
> reasons.

That's very probably right.  I do not know how Linux Mint depends on
Debian.  It could be quite heavily.  Fortunately, security is not the
prime concern.  Just basics.  I considered several times to go with
Arch Linux.  I used to build my own Linux systems using BLFS but those
were the days.  So much time not making music.  Arch Linux seems to
offer a good stance but then again, I can't at the moment estimate the
time that would be required to move to Arch Linux and the problem
associated with the move to get everything going.  Days ?  A week ?

Cheers.