[LAU] Pianoteq goes Organteq

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Dec 11 18:36:59 UTC 2017

Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> writes:

> Monophonic Bach isn't all bad. Remember, the cello concerto (one of
> the most beautiful pieces ever written) is, mostly, monophonic :)

A cello concerto would hardly be monophonic, but I cannot think of any
from "the" Bach (J.S.).  Are you thinking of the cello suites?

I imagine they would give a breath controller (or actual wind
instrument) a run for their money.  I play them on chromatic button
accordion (where a hand span of two octaves is still comfortable) and
they are a good reach.  I'd imagine them to involve a lot of jumping
around on a piano keyboard, and a strenuous mess on wind instruments
(where broken chords/phrases over large intervals like that require much
more frequent overblowing switches than usual).

> But, I figured that the breath controller CC would not be
> supported. But, since it's just software, maybe in a future release?

What do you _want_ it to do?  Chances are that one can rig something up
that does it outside of Aeolus.

--
David Kastrup