[LAU] Can't get the stereo imaging from the speakers

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Dec 11 19:53:21 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 08:12:56PM -0500, jonetsu wrote:

> Thanks for the test.  Yes, with one speaker switched off, the sound
> comes fully from the other side.  I start to wonder if distance does
> something.  I might try putting the speaker stands like 7 feet behind
> the desk instead of right beside it.

That means it's not the speaker postions or anything acoustic that
is the cause of your problem. Mostly likely there is something wrong
with the soundcard mixer settings or the wiring.

Just 'work back' from the the speakers. What happens if you send
a signal to a single speaker in software (e.g. by only connecting
the L or R signal in Jack) ?

Ciao,

--
FA