[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Dec 11 22:48:04 UTC 2017

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017, Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund wrote:

> I never gave Unity a fair shot as I really like xfce - and those tweaks added
> by the Ubuntu Studio team.

I have tried unity but find it too much like a phone to do real work on.
That was a few years ago and things have improved (I'm told) but I would
not want to start with it now as Ubuntu has stopped development on it (and
MIR thankfully) and will be going with gnome sometime soon... on top of
wayland. So 18.04 will either be much better or a mess :)

Glad you like the studio tweaks, I worked on some of that.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net