[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

john gibby johnalan.gibby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 11:18:37 UTC 2017

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what do y'all think of AV Linux?  It is more
like an "appliance" than a distribution.  Pluses and minuses for that, I
guess.  There are no security updates; you just use what you got (and hope
for the best), until you install a new version. I get the new version every
year or 2.  I keep a detailed list of steps and file backups, for how to
re-configure a new version for my audio/piano system.  It gives me low
latency and good performance, out of the box.
http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/